Friday, June 14, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cake and Summer Bucket List

This week has been a week from H E double hockey sticks. I started out with trying out church for the first time since Aidan was around 9 months. I use to be a very devout mormon and I still live by the values and standards of the church to a point but have been feeling the need for church to have a more permanent place in my life. My husband works Sundays and Tuesday-Thursday 8am-7:30pm meaning I have to go to church by myself. Now for a lot of mom's this isn't a hard task. You sit with your little ones for about an hour and a half and then send them off to Nursery. My son is special. He lasted a whole 15 minutes of (15min longer than I expected him to) Nursery before he was brought in to me sob sucking. -.- I really love my son but 3 full hours of holding a baby and trying to keep the tantrums of a 3 y/o to a zero is hard and oh so tiring. I honestly feel like I got maybe 10 words out of all the lessons. It's so disheartening but I will keep it up. I thought I would give it 3 months of straight church without any excuses and see where I'm at. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune. 

Speaking of Sunday, that was the first day of my 8 month old daughter's 4 days of fevers. Yep. You heard me. 4 DAYS OF FEVERS. I took her to the doctor on her 3rd day and they checked for the normal things besides doing a strep test, urinary test and a blood test. We went home and suffered through another day and then went back in. Her throat and ear had gotten worse so they gave her an anti-biotic shot. We then had a fussy day of absolutely no eating or drinking and the rash started. Talked to a nurse and she told me that the CDC was looking into a possible new virus in our area. (The fact that the office was staying open 2 hours past their normal closing time for children with the same symptoms wasn't a clue to me*Sarcasm*) I got her to drink jello water so I was good. Then we went back in today. Her rash had gotten worse. They didn't know what it was but said it could *Possibly* be 1 of two things. 

1.) She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic shot. 
2.) She has Fith Disease

Their answer was just to watch her. *Sigh* 3 doctor visits in 4 days for basically nothing. Lovely! I'm running on very little sleep.

In between soothing my daughter Aidan and I made our Summer Bucket List! We are going to have so much fun! You can see below: 




So on better news I fixed Homemade Fettucini Alfredo, Cajun Chicken, Salad, Breadsticks. 
Dessert was from Pinterest. 

You can find the original post here,


Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon


Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla


Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. 
For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.


While cake is baking whisk together all ingredients for glaze. While cake is still warm drizzle the glaze over the cake. 

Enjoy warm with a nice, tall glass of milk! YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment